School Success Manager
SAM Learning’s Three-wave Intervention enables secondary schools to drive personalised student learning with ease, using our award winning content and online platform.
Working remotely (but some travel may be required within the UK), you will support secondary school leaders and teachers to implement Three-wave Intervention successfully, via a series of remote meetings.
SAM Learning is proven to improve learning outcomes. So, this role is an opportunity to positively impact approximately 100,000 learners across 200 secondary schools you will be responsible for.
SAM Learning is a market leading online learning resource for UK Secondary Schools that is highly effective at supporting teachers to provide differentiated work that takes into account the learning needs of all the children in the classroom. This supports our company mission to provide a launchpad for career and life for young people. See www.samlearning.com.
Essential Job Functions:
- Agree with the Head or Deputy Head a strategic plan for Three-wave Intervention that aligns with the SDP.
- Ensure all participating teachers within subscribing schools are practicing Three-wave Intervention using SAM Learning. Success is judged by the number of active teachers, the number of tasks set to learners and the number of teachers actively creating and personalising content via the SAM Learning platform within each school.
- The ability to communicate to a Head as a peer is essential, and deliver bad news when necessary that their staff members have not done things they have been asked to do.
- Live and breath our company values: care, hussle and operational excellence.
- During Term-Time: 25 or more pre-scheduled remote meetings per week using screen-share technology.
- During School Holidays: actively working with colleagues to improve and automate the process of supporting schools using various online technologies and tools. For example, updating our library of online videos and Zendesk articles (customer support, best teaching practice and online CPD) as well as automating workflows using our CRM system and creating online customer surveys.
- Weekly reporting of activities and meticulous record-keeping of customer interactions.
- Provide regular feedback on how our Targeted Intervention Framework is being adopted within schools. This includes challenges, roadblocks, successes and highlight (proactively) areas for change and improvement.
- Travel 5 or 10 times per year within the UK to attend company team meetings / away days as well as on-site visits to schools.
Additional Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with management, all company departments and all external support teams and vendors.
- Onboard new schools as well as supporting existing schools.
- Conduct all/any other additional tasks as requested/required by the business.
Required Qualifications & Skill Set:
- Minimum 3 years’ SLT experience in an English state secondary school.
- A process-oriented person who is meticulous about follow-through.
- Comfortable figuring out online technology tools that you haven’t used before.
- A passion for engaging other education leaders and teachers in new school initiatives (ideally relating to target-setting / targeted intervention).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
- A cover letter (no more than 1 side) outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of role.
Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
SAM Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2018
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for salary information
Contract term: Permanent
Term-time / Working from home