SAM Learning GO!
Used in over 50% of the UK’s state secondary schools, SAM Learning is the market leader in online revision and exam practice for KS3 and GCSE. Independently proven to be highly effective, it has helped in raising attainment for over 3.4 million students over the last seven years. Our award-winning approach to online personalised learning, increases confidence and consolidates learning. Accessible to students out of school hours, the service leads the way in student-driven learning.
Our new service, SAM Learning GO!, is the start of a new era in online learning. Growing and developing over the coming months, the service remains focused on encouraging the energy and enthusiasm of students, enabling them to learn online throughout the year, not just in the weeks before exams.
Teachers will be able to validate their professional judgement on assessment with APP Reporting. This new service for KS3, coming soon, is included in the subscription and will offer real-time benchmarking of student performance.
We are also looking forward to teachers becoming engaged as contributors to SAM Learning GO! By helping to form a worldwide community of exemplary classroom practice, we hope to become the biggest and best worldwide provider of online student-driven learning. Over the next two years we are committing £3 million to new product development and service improvements; we have already redeveloped our software platform, as you can see.
You will see many changes in the coming months as we release new content, and an engaging world for students; this is SAM Learning GO!
- New service platform
- New homepage
- New login pages for all users
- New interface design and menu structure
- Full conversion of all revise activities from Java to Flash
- Improved and Secure student data upload
- Individual teacher logins offering improved security for every school
- A fully encrypted and secure service
- New GCSE content for 2009 exam specifications
- New Flash-based Improve activities
- Improvements to reporting
- New ‘Set Tasks’ replacing ‘Homework and Tests’
- New ‘User Defined Groups’
- The Virtual World – offering enhanced levels of student engagement. Students challenge and compare progress with other classmates, choose their own avatar and progress through a stimulating virtual world.
- APP reporting – assessment activities for KS3 Science and Maths with reporting to show attainment against the relevant subject AF. The first activities released for teachers to road test.
- Exam board-specific coverage – an enhanced menu structure with content mapped to exam board specifications. This new feature will help students and teachers find activities more quickly.
- A new school support programme – replacing the consultancy service that has been in place over the last few years, schools will be provided with more flexible support to help them make the most of their subscription to SAM Learning GO!