In This Edition:
- Case Study: Three-wave Intervention Facilitates Pupil Premium Learners at Soar Valley Community College
- Product Update: ‘List of Topics’ Link
- Activity Types Available on SAM Learning
- Free PDF: Personalise Learning with Three-wave Intervention
- June Rewards
- NEW Share Content
Case Study: Three-wave Intervention Facilitates Pupil Premium Learners at Soar Valley Community College
A quote from Wayne Ridgeway, Assistant Principal:
‘The reason we initially purchased SAM Learning here at Soar Valley Community College was to engage with a proven solution which enabled us to further support our students and target specific cohorts of underperforming students, for example Pupil Premium. SAM Learning’s high-quality, examination-board aligned content, along with the pre-built Targeted Intervention bundles, makes it fast and easy to assign the exact activities that the students need to enhance their performance.’
Want to find out how to target specific cohorts and create groups?
Click here to set up a meeting with our School Success Team.
Read more here.
Product Update: ‘List of Topics’ Link
You can now access SAM Learning’s full curriculum lists from your home page.
Activity Types Available on SAM Learning
Nine different activity types are available for teachers to assign to learners, each identified by their own icon:
- Test Question
- Exam Paper
- Real World+
- Activity Builder
Free PDF: Personalise Learning with Three-wave Intervention
SAM Learning’s three-step task setting is as easy as:
- Select Learners
- Select Activities
- Select Dates
During June, we are offering Amazon voucher rewards for publishing activities using Share.
Full details of rewards for June are here.
NEW Share Content
The Share icon indicates this is one of thousands of activities created by teachers at other SAM Learning schools.
- Over 12,000 activities have now been published in Share.
- 624 Share activities were published in May 2019, including 547 targeted activities.
- 7 new teachers were rewarded for publishing their first 5 activities in Share.
Log in now to take a look at the activities available.
New subject folders are now available within the Vocational Qualifications key stage for teachers to write and share content:
- Performing Arts
- BTEC National Sport
- Digital Media
- Health and Social Care – includes 81 SAM Learning activities
- Child Development – includes 112 SAM Learning activities
- Constructing the Built Environment
A tagging screen has been added to the end of activities. We are asking teachers to review the suitability of each activity by grade level, exam board and overall quality. We will be using this data to help shape new SAM Learning features and aid teachers with content discovery in the future. Please help us by giving your feedback as you review and use the content.
Tel: 0207 025 0616